Monday, November 15, 2004

Um... this can't be a good thing.

Looks like the (second) honeymoon is over. Powell and three other Secretaries of Bush resigned in ONE DAY! That just gives me so much more confidence in our president. What does that say when your top officials start jumping ship so soon after reelection? It makes me wonder if they were all hoping that Bush would lose the election so they wouldn't have to actively step down. We all know that anti-Bush people are probably waving their arms crying "See?!" but I wonder what John Q. Bushlover thinks of all this. Most likely they won't even bat an eyelid at it. Sadly, I'm realizing that a lot of the people out there are all too willing to fanatically believe in their President. Where's all the conspiracy-theory, X-files devoted, I-hate-the-government paranoia that made the mid nineties such a joy?

No comments: