Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blah Blah Blog



Whew. So much happens in a month, which is probably reflected in the neglect of this blog. Turning 30, getting laid off... These things tend to hog my time.

I contemplated 30 as a pivotal point, including deliberating over abandoning this blog that I’ve kept for several years. It’s seen me through a lot, but at the same time, I considered whether or not it would feel appropriate to help me “move onwards” by letting it go, like my 20’s.

The fact of it is that this was always intended to be a personal forum and not exactly something to broadcast to others. Yet something happened over time; the blog became much less anonymous and therefore less personal. In reviewing the past few posts, I had definitely steered away from personal issues and more towards just tidbits of news and entertainment. I still feel that it’s a valuable mode of expression for me, since I enjoy how it allows me to formulate more complete opinions about the music and whatnot I get exposed to. But I miss the journal aspect of it. I had forgotten much of the older content so was pleasantly surprised to rediscover what is probably my favorite post of the blog: Toy Story.

I haven’t figured out definitively the fate of this blog. I may let it fizzle out, or it may live on as the less personal review site.

For now, there seems to be a backlog of music, movies and such that I want to just unload out of my mind so that’s what the next few posts will feature.

No comments: