Friday, October 06, 2006

Where did all the good times go?

It seems like ages since I’ve checked back into my blog. Not that I’m abandoning it, unlike others (ahem... Matador, Best Ever and Monster), but other things have been requiring my focus.

It’s been pretty crazy for a while with the hunt for a new apartment, and working almost from scratch to redo my portfolio and website. And it doesn’t look to let up for a while, since the apartment is going to shift gears to apartment moving which may be as painfully time-consuming (if not more so) than the hunt.

Speaking of hunting, if anyone knows of a graphic designer position in the city I’d be happy to hear about them. I should stipulate that the new company shouldn’t be staffed with complete assholes because I already hit the mother-load on that one. It’s getting harder and harder to muster the energy in the morning to even get up to face an entire day in that dreaded place.

I’m also acutely aware that my photoblog site has similarly been woefully neglected. Hopefully things will settle down soon and I can get back to enjoying the pleasures of life again.

Just to indicate how busy (and monetarily strapped) I’ve been: Gomez is playing for three nights at the Bowery Ballroom and I passed on the chance. Shocking.

I even missed out on Neko Case and Beck, which disappoints me more than I can describe.

At least I’ve got Texas Tech football and Netflix to keep me going through these troubled times. (Don’t even talk to me about the TCU game.)

No comments: