Monday, May 01, 2006

See the world through laoser’s eyes! (or how I learned to stop worrying and give Flickr the big "F-You")

A few months later than anticipated and after some tedious programming, I’m finally ready to unveal my very own photoblog site, Obscursion. Time will tell if I can keep this going, which will hopefully prompt me to dish out the cash for a unique URL, but for now, this is an experiment.

Actually I have nothing against Flickr, but when I decided to buy a digital camera and post photos on the web the designer in me wanted to actually have the site fit my aesthetic and work like I wanted it. Still, I will definitely miss some of the perks and features of Flickr. Since I’m no HTML wiz, I’m sure that some of my methods aren’t as streamlined as they could be, but maybe I’ll figure those things out as time passes.

I’m still learning how to get the best pictures out of my new camera, so the goal is to improve the quality of the photos as well as refine my viewfinder eye. All in all, I’m looking forward to seeing how this works out.

No comments: